acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Aspire 3410T

Matthew Lai wrote:

> The power consumption is quite high, compared to 3810T's (7W-8W with
> wireless active, and medium brightness).

> 1 user reported the same issue with a 3410T, with an Atheros wifi
> card, so the wireless card is probably not the culprit.

I think the CPU on the 3410T uses more power than 3810T, and that the
3810TZ is basically the 3410T but with a 3810 label on it.

It is frustratingly difficult to get any real model specs from acer.

This is what I have figured out:

3410T and 3810TZ have Atheros wifi. For me, this has proven very
unreliable. It cuts out frequently and I must reboot.

3810TZ has Intel Pentium SU2700 [1], it uses max 10W [2]

3410T has Intel Celeron Mobile 723, it uses max 10W [3]

3810T has Core 2 Solo SU3500 [4], it uses max 5.5W [5].

According to the acer website, the timeline models have Core 2 Solo or
Duo. [6]. That is a lie.

Darrell Kavanagh wrote:

> Power consumption out of the box runs at around 11 or 12 Watts,

Yeah, that is what I get for the 3810TZ. It must be the CPU that makes
the difference.

-elijah

[1]
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/acer-aspire-timeline-3810tz/4507-3121_7-33676738.html