acertimeline team mailing list archive

Aspire 5810TZ cdrom not working

hi all,

I installed ubuntu on my laptop without any problems, I can also remember
that the drive USED TO work fine, but now (I think it was after upgrade) It
wont read any CD that I put in it, I checked the group permission and I do
have permissions to use cdrom drives, no Idea how to proceed from now on, I
really need to burn some cds for a stuff we need at work so I desperately
need the drive working.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 things to note:
- I installed jaunty on the laptop and recently upgraded to karmic

-The cdrom indeed shows on "My computer" but when I double click it does
nothing (obviously with a cd in it)

I have this same problem posted on a thread on ubuntu forums If you want to
reply there, here is the link:

Thanks in advance for the help, If you need more info just ask.

--
X1R1