acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: backlight fix in KDE

FWIW, I disabled all the powersaving "features" in KDE via the System Settings module, and killed the KDE battery monitor in task manager and just use gnome-power-manager.

With gnome-power-manager the backlight keys work, the screen dims automatically, etc. Of course, I've also got the nomodeset and acpi_baclight=vendor as kernel boot params. I read on lesswatts.org that gpm is always waking the CPU, but I don't have that issue on my machine.

There is some backlight flickering sometimes.
4810T, 1.10 BIOS, Fedora 12 beta.

Jim