acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: internal/external microphone fix karmic

I can confirm it works, but it doesn't work propperly.

I have to be really close to the microphone (less than 5cm or 2") or it won't pickup my voice at all. In other words functioning but not functional : ) Also after installing linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic I can't set alsamixer to directly listen to the mic, but in audacity the mic does record (sounds horible though) and in skype it "works" too.

Albert Vilella wrote:
Can people confirm that both the external and internal microphones
will work on Ubuntu Karmica
after installing the backports?

sudo linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic
and rebooting.

Cheers,

Albert.