acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Enabling hidden BIOS features through EFI

Hi Albert,

two days ago i successfully enabled VT with that EFI GRUB with setvariable (or
how it was called) from an USB Stick from this Howto:
I own an 3810TG.
As Acer decided to stop executing EFI Code from USB with recent BIOS Versions,
i had to downgrade to the oldest BIOS available from Acer, apply the patch and
upgrade again.
VirtualBox now lets me enable VT.