acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: [3810T] Screen is Flickering on low brightness

Paul,

To my understanding, the backlight controller of all LED lit screens use
high frequency flashing of the LEDs with different on-times, to adjust the
(perceived) brightness. So for instance, at 100% brightness, LEDs are on at
all times (no flickering). At 80% brightness, LEDs are flashing while being
on for 80% of time and off for 20% of time. As the brightness decreases, the
flickering increases. All that said, due to the high frequency of flashing,
it's usually difficult to detect the flickering without paying special
attention. If your screen is annoying you, there might be something wrong
with it.