acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Brightness keys freeze system

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 6:14 AM, noah sawyer <salixman40@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On certain systems (like Ubuntu 9.10 and Fedora 12) using the brightness
> keys changes the brightness, but also causes the whole system to freeze to
> the point that I have to do a hard restart. I can still change the
> brightness effectively in the bios menu, but once the machine starts to boot
> up I can't change it. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem too,
> and whether or not anyone has a fix for it? For the record, I'm using the
> 4810TZ.

I am on 9.10 Karmic and can use the brightness keys just fine without
system lockups.  I am also using a 4810TZ with i915 kernel drive for:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

My System BIOS is v1.15 and VGA BIOS is version 1736 which I think is
what it came with.

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam