acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: bluetooth on acer aspire 1810TZ is not recognized

On 02.07.2011 16:19, Fritz Schaal wrote:

> i think the problem might be related to the driver or a missing
> bt-module in the kernel, but have no idea where to continue with
> researching.
> wifi works fine btw...
> any help or push into the right direction is appreciated.

I am pretty sure your issue is due to the changes in acer-wmi they made in 2.6.38. My Travelmate wants an extra rfkill key press to enable Bluetooth off cold boot. See what "sudo rfkill list" says, then hit your radio on/off keys a few times and see what it says again every time.

--
Leho Kraav, M.Sc.

http://about.me/lkraav