acmeattic-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Encryption blueprint

@Karthik, I have made some changes to the Encryption proposal page on the
wiki to reflect the current idea. For the
challenge based retrieval of the user's encrypted private key from the
server machine, I have provided a link to the SpiderOak's
article. In case we solidify on a different strategy we can modify the wiki.

@All, go through the changes that I have made on the wiki (via Recent
Changes) and check if they are correct.

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Karthik Swaminathan Nagaraj <
nkarthiks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Karthik Swaminathan Nagaraj <
> nkarthiks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM, krishnan parthasarathi <
>> krishnan.parthasarathi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> If each client installation for the same user is going to have different
>>> RSA keypair then sharing files becomes a problem. We are planning to use the
>>> RSA public key of the 'sharee' to sign/encrypt the AES key of the file
>>> shared by the 'sharer'.
>>>
>> True. Thanks for reminding me about sharing. I had temporarily thrown it
>> out of my mind.
>>

> Before this is lost in a pile of emails, Aditya - can you copy this over to
> the Wiki?
>

>>> cheers,
>>> krishnan
>>>

>> --