androidu1-users team mailing list archive

Ubuntu One Files update

Jan 12th

DONE:
- updated Dashboard menu with Quit having two options (just quit vs stop
sync, too). the latter is WIP
- revamped Preferences to make use of these in the near future (along new
info on /u1f wiki)
- investigated partial sync challenge and implemented sync-down of starred
items
- read up on syncdaemon/action_queue.py and consulted with devs on frequent
generation++ notifications from the servers

TODO:
- at that stage, we seriously need meta/content queues. having those, full
sync (bi-directional) and media-sync (pictures, videos, etc) is a piece of
cake.

BLOCKED:
- was: partial sync on Sunday, not any more!

More info:
- Connection keepAlive wasn't integrated yet, as the storage protocol
implementation didn't throw what it's supposed when connection is lost.
Might need to spend a little time on that. Obvious (and ready) solution is a
timed ping.
- Once the queues are ready, having a timeout set for continuous generation
bumps (e.g. having received few notifications from the server -- when a
generation was not increased in last 5 seconds, enqueue sync to
action_queue)
- Again, once the queues are ready, media content sync is a ContentProvider
query and scheduling so may downloads as much new content since last media
sync.

As a side note, if anyone has suggestions to current work, please e-mail me
or the list. Now I'm going back to peek the python source for hints on the
queues.

Cheers,
karni