anvil-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Anvil conversation (continued)

Anvil does have a mailing list.

https://launchpad.net/~anvil-dev

- anvil-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As for the ubuntu support question can u go into more detail on the
following (as they confuse me).

- fixing unit tests (or to disable them) for unstable builds (is this
openstack tests? or anvil tests?)
 - we have a way to disable openstack tests via the anvil yaml config
(http://bit.ly/1f8UIvu)
- version conventions, this is ok, the version knowledge in anvil is split
into 2 classes, one that does the pip work (http://bit.ly/1dOIBA6) and one
that does the rpm/yum work (http://bit.ly/1byW106), I think there can just
be one that does apt/deb work instead (probably using the same
(http://bit.ly/1dOIBA6) base class module (or slightly adjusted if needed).
- patching DEB but not RPM (no idea here, never done patching with DEB) -
why is this hard?
- APT repo maintenance (can u describe more here?)
- Package signing (whats hard about this?)

As for koji and git-buildpackage and open build system, can u describe
more about those and what mirantis has done and how they work and what
exactly is achieved by those, do those just build DEBs for u, does it
build RPMs? Or is it just a repository for packages (or something else).
As far as jenkins integration I have always wanted
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/anvil/+spec/enable-ci-for-anvil but it
has never gotten the attention that it deserves (sadly). Are u talking
about a different jenkins though?

I'd be more than up for continued ubuntu support, infact along time ago,
anvil had support for both (RHEL and ubuntu), but the support for the
ubuntu side of the family was lacking and I felt that it wasn't getting
the attention it deserved (and removed it). This was before anvil started
building packages (and was more similar to devstack and fuel in that it
used pip directly and such).

-Josh