apport-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~mpt/apport/warmer-text into lp:apport

Thanks Matthew!

I like the addition of a subtitle for a hanging application.

17	- t = (_('Sorry, the application %s has closed unexpectedly.')
18	+ t = (_('The app %s has closed unexpectedly.')

I must say I don't quite like changes like this. We do not call programs "apps" in Ubuntu, and to me this looks like a gratuitous string change which breaks all translations without a real advantage.

Also, we are in UI/string freeze now, so I'd only like to change strings where absolutely necessary.

Please also notice that u'' does not work in Python 3; for using Unicode characters in strings which should work in both Python 2 and 3 we need to use crutches like b'...'.decode('UTF-8').
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mpt/apport/warmer-text/+merge/121841
Your team Apport upstream developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mpt/apport/warmer-text into lp:apport.