apport-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jamesodhunt/apport/bug-1256268 into lp:apport

Hi Martin,

We now have a basic set of tests. However, there are a couple of issues:

1) test_resource_hogs.py: I had to copy TestSuiteUserInterface() from test_ui.py. Is there a way to avoid this?

2) When you run these tests, you will probably find that the memory hog test fails (this is because python fails to allocate the requisite 50% of system memory :-) Whilst consuming CPU is easy, consuming a fixed percentage of memory in a test is difficult for various reasons (amount of RAM, rlimits, etc). I'm in favour of having a way to set mem_threshold in resource_hogs.py to a very low value (probably zero in fact) such that we can be guaranteed that memory can be allocated and the hook will fire and we can check the report object. If you agree, is there a standard apport idiom I can use to do this?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/apport/bug-1256268/+merge/198946
Your team Apport upstream developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jamesodhunt/apport/bug-1256268 into lp:apport.