apport-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~brian-murray/apport/contents-mapping into lp:apport

Review: Approve

I hope this works correctly with our "old" and "new" Contents files (with/without headers, ubuntu-only/debian-like) -> the hardcoded checks of 33 lines is ok, as long as we don't re-publish release pocket...

I wonder if this will at all work when we enable usr-merge, as Contents will still list "old" locations, which actually will be installed/loaded from new locations. But this is good, cause we will be able to create additional contents_mappings for alternative paths (as in /bin/bash and /usr/bin/bash become equivalent).

The pickle loading appears to be safe, as the mapping is only user-writable by default (including when using a tempdir).

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~brian-murray/apport/contents-mapping/+merge/356447
Your team Apport upstream developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~brian-murray/apport/contents-mapping into lp:apport.