arsenal-devel team mailing list archive

Arsenal Xorg Graphs

Hi Marjo,

Here's a few of the graphs I generate for keeping stats on bugs for
Xorg.  The gnuplot code for all these is in the arsenal project.

http://people.canonical.com/~bryce/totals.svg

This gives me a quick overview of the overall trend of all Xorg-related
packages.  It's a stacked chart, with each color is a different package
laid on top of each other, so the total (~1850 currently) is the total
across all Xorg packages.

http://people.canonical.com/~bryce/totals-proprietary-2009-Q3.svg

This is a different format of the above graph, giving a per-quarter
view.

http://people.canonical.com/~bryce/drivers.svg

This is a different graph format, but again the same underlying data,
showing just a few packages that I like to keep a very close eye on.
(The packages with the most bugs).

http://people.canonical.com/~bryce/upstream.svg

This is a handy chart to show what proportion of bugs have been
forwarded upstream.  Like the last chart, this is not a stacked graph,
but just shows a few specific packages I care about.

http://people.canonical.com/~bryce/upstream-rankings.svg

This one keeps track of my Xorg spots in the "top 100" packages at
http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+upstreamreport - my goal being to get
as many of the Xorg packages out of the top 100 list.  ;-)

Anyway, again the code is here in Arsenal.  It's a bit peculiar to Xorg
but maybe gives ideas of what could be done in a larger sense.  I'd be
happy to discuss any of it in more detail.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~arsenal-devel/arsenal/master/files/head%3A/hooks/

Here is another, older graph tool that Brian and I did a while back
which is worth mentioning if only because it inspired all of the above:

http://people.canonical.com/~bryce/Plots/

This gives a good per-package view of bug stats, but the problem I found
was that it didn't give *enough* data in one chart, so was harder to get
a global feel for bugs across multiple Xorg packages.

Bryce