arsenal-devel team mailing list archive

Upstreamer CGI prototype

Hi Jorge (and anyone else interested),

I demoed 'send_upstream.cgi' at UDS, a tool I wrote to help me with
forwarding X.org bug reports upstream to bugzilla.freedesktop.org.
Saves me lots of time and hassle.

I've generalized this tool to work with GNOME's bugzilla and potentially
other bugzillas, and have posted it here for people to kick around:

  http://www2.bryceharrington.org:8080/cgi-bin/send_upstream.cgi

This tool works fine but is still very WIP and ugly, so I'm not doing a
formal release quite yet.  The code is publically available in bzr as
part of Arsenal (lp:arsenal) if you want to poke around in it.

Next feature currently in development is automatic forwarding of
attachments.  Kamran Kahn has been helping code this as part of his
Google Summer of Code project.

Bryce

P.S., if you find this to be a useful tool, you may be interested in
this greasemonkey script, which inserts a 'Forward Upstream' link into
bug pages to run the above cgi:

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bryceharrington/launchpad-gm-scripts/main/annotate/head:/lp_send_upstream.user.js