arsenal-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Bug properties

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 10:05:18AM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 07:35:45AM -0800, Brian Murray wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 12:14:35AM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > Bugs that are filed by or appended to by apport have key:value pairs
> > > inserted into their descriptions.  The patch below enables arsenal to
> > > parse this data out and provides it in a dictionary structure.
> >
> > I was looking at a bug report the other day that was an apport-bug or
> > apport-crash report whose description had been modified by the original
> > reporter.  As a part of the modification they had somehow removed some
> > of the line breaks so it looked something like:
> >
> > Release: MaverickArchitecture: i386
> >
> > You might want to think about how to handle that case.
>
> If you can shoot me the bug # I can take a look and test this on it.
>
> If the user did something like convert \n's to \r's, I can probably make
> the split statement handle that type of situation.
>
> If the newline was removed entirely though, that gets to be a pretty
> tough problem, I'm not sure it can be feasibly be addressed other than
> manually fixing up those types of bugs as they're spotted.

I happened to be editing an apport bug report by clicking the edit
pencil and noticed that a couple of the lines became compressed:

ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned
error exit status 1LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" -
Release i386 (20100816.1)
PackageArchitecture: allSourcePackage: initramfs-tools

I wonder if this is a bug in apport or Launchpad ...

--
Brian Murray