arsenal-user team mailing list archive

WorkItem: Pick a javascript library to use with Arsenal

I had such a work item assigned to me at UDS-Q. I've briefly discussed
this with Bryce and Brian. I feel that the right thing to do here is
to just use some common sense. YUI is the right answer if you are developing
a full web application. However, for most of the Arsenal work we are not
doing that. What we are doing is static web pages (reports) with some handy
UI effects.

I think the right decision here is to use YUI where appropriate and to use
JQuery where it makes more sense than YUI (fast, targeted, static web pages).
We should favour YUI over JQuery but not at the expense of taking a lot
longer to get our jobs done, or to re-implement code that is working today.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.canonical.com