asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Neehilo BACKLIGHT script

Hi neehilo,I tested your script as per instructions, on my ul30vt on karmic and have hab no luck in getting it work.Unfortunately it (or something else that happened at the same time) has had a side effect: the brightness controls have stopped responding.Before I started tinkering, they would respond by giving the notification, but the effect on the backlight would only work upon rebooting the machine.I'm trying to fix things but so far I've had no luck. I checked in /etc/acpi/events and the asus-brightness up and down files contain the following:
event=hotkey (ATKD|HOTK) 0000001[0123456789abcdef]action=/etc/acpi/asus-brn-up.sh
event=hotkey (ATKD|HOTK) 0000002[0123456789abcdef]action=/etc/acpi/asus-brn-down.sh
and upon pressing the keys with acpi_listen:
hotkey ATKD 00000026 00000000hotkey ATKD 00000026 00000001hotkey ATKD 00000026 00000002
hotkey ATKD 00000017 00000000hotkey ATKD 00000017 00000001hotkey ATKD 00000017 00000002
so as I can understand acpi should be reading the correct keys.
I reinstalled xbacklight and disabled the gnome-power-manager backlight controls and tried the xbacklight commands from terminal, I can set the levels, and using the get options it returns the levels that I set, but there is no response from the lcd screen. While using the slightly more brutal sudo setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=XXit works.
Any help in getting the brightness keys to work again would be highly appreciated. Getting the backlight to respond as well would be a bonus, but I can always fix it later.

TIA
Matt