asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: nvidia switchable graphics code in linux-next

Do you want us to test against the 2.6.33 vanilla kernel, or build against the Karmic 2.6.31-19 ? Ideally this would be great to put into a dkms type package, while a little less than ideal would be to build a new kernel deb with the patch applied. Either way, since I long ago gave up relying on myself to put kernel updates in a linux distro, I'd like to do this via package if possible.

I have no problem throwing a patched vanilla kernel at my laptop, but for the sake of keeping things "correct" and "clean" building the deb package seems like the right way to go.