asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

webcam flip for ASUS UL30VT-A1

Hi Hans,

I have an ASUS laptop. I ran into the webcam flip problem, and found that published solutions were not working for me. I guess it turns out that ASUS are using yet another set of device IDs that have not been registered with you yet. Note, I have an ASUS UL30VT-A1, which is relatively new. The UL30VT-X1 has been out for some months now.

I added the following lines to libv4lcontrol.c (after the older entry for UL30VT), and the image orientation was corrected. I found the correct id values using gdb.

  V4LCONTROL_HFLIPPED|V4LCONTROL_VFLIPPED },
  { 0x064e, 0xa136, 0, "ASUSTeK Computer Inc.        ", "UL30VT    ",

Regards,

-- Buck

Follow ups