asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Slow Write Performance

Hi all,

i have this strange problem on my ASUS UL80VT.
It always has a slow performance when writing/copying from/to portable
hard disk or flash drive. I'm sure my portable hard disk (WDC
Passport) has 30 MB/s for the transfer rate, but when i used my
laptop, it only gives me around 1 MB/s or less.

The output of dmesg showed me this:
new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub

Does this happened to you too?

PS: I'm using Slackware and using the latest vanilla kernel
(2.6.33.2). I have been trying to play with 2.6.33 and 2.6.33.2 but
still failed.
I found the solution here
(http://ocaoimh.ie/ubuntu-linux-slow-external-usb-drive/) , but it's
not working as well