From: "ben van 't ende" [ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Date: 05/31/2010 08:23 AM
To: asus-ul30@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Asus-ul30] UL50VT

Hey Guys,

I just want to let you know me and my Asus are around as well ;-) I am basically
very happy with the machine running on Lucid Lynx. The reason I bought the Asus
is because of it's design and because of the promise of a long battery life. At
the moment I think I do not even manage 2 hours. I have an eeepc 1005 as well,
which performs absolutely beautiful with Lucid Lynx. That might also be due to
the eeepc utilities. Only half of my finction keys are working unfortunately. I
don't consider that a huge problem though.

I have noticed that some work is being done to let these hybrid machines work
with Linux. I would like to imagine the situation will have largely improved in
half a year or a year and that we have these things functioning properly with
Ubuntu or Linux for that matter. What do you think?

gRTz

ben