asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: display of the asus ul30a

On 31.07.2010 19:34 Simon von Danwitz wrote:
> the display of my asus ul30a is broken, i walked onto it and now the tft is
> arched.

Ouch, sorry for you.

> do you got any information about the type of the display? any
> specifications? i know that it's WXGA res and 13,3" and led tft.

My [1] UL30A contains a AUO (vendor) B133XW01 (product) V0 (version #)
screen. AUO is also known as 'AU Optronics'.

> and do you know where i can get a new display? i think the display change is
> not that hard...

Just search the web for the product ID, you'll find plenty offers. If
you dislike glare displays as much as me, I'd suggest you take this
accident as an opportunity to get a compatible non-glare display
instead. They are usually the same price as the glare ones.

You seem to live in the US, so I'm not sure this would help you much,
but I'll put it here for others reading this thread:
I've personally made good experience with
  http://www.tdcomponents.com/shop/
whom, because of this, I will happily do business with again.

Moritz

[1] http://www.debian-administration.org/users/mnaumann/weblog/4