asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Nvidia module with kernels 2.6.35

Hello everyone,

I recently updated my ubuntu to the new beta 10.10. This comes with kernel
2.6.35 However, the module to deactivate the nvidia card stopped working.
Everything hangs a few seconds after activating the module.

Strangely, if I boot the 2.6.32 kernel I can still insert the module and it
works, but I can't load it at startup or it hangs during boot. When I had
10.04 installed, the module worked fine with kernel 2.6.32.

I updated the BIOS to the latest version from the asus website (211) with no
effect.

I believe this is not a kernel problem, given that I read a few posts where
people have no trouble inserting the module with kernels 2.6.35.

Any ideas before I reinstall 10.04?

Thanks in advance!

Dinis

Follow ups