asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

bubleebee app for switching from nvidia and intel grafics on linux

Hi guys,
I recently switched from ubuntu 10.04 to ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop (Asus
UL30Vt-x2).. and with the dual graphics issue we all have.. i started
searching again..
Of course i could fix it with the info on "ower" website..

But i also found this and i wanted to share it with you.. my little grand of
sand on the cause..

Bubleebee, an app for switching the graphics cards (i havent tried it yet,
but it looks promising... i will update on this):
http://liliputing.com/2011/05/bumbleebee-brings-nvidia-optimus-graphics-switching-to-linux.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Liliputing+%28Liliputing%29
https://github.com/MrMEEE/bumblebee

Complete walkthroug on installing Maverik on this laptop:
http://wiki.daviddarts.com/Ubuntu_Maverick_on_the_Asus_UL30VT

Hope this helps someone..

Good luck !

Manco