asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

battery voltage

Hey list

I have a two years old UL30VT with the default 5600mAh battery, and the
battery stopped working now, meaning that it does not even switch on
when only the battery is present. I did some investigations and the only
unusal thing is the low battery voltage, instead of the 15V (according
to specs) acpi tells me that it outputs only 12616mV. (when its in the
machine but the AC is plugged in too)

Could you run this command for me on your machines:
cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | grep voltage
and then send me the result?

I would appreciate it, because if your batteries have normal voltage
then I can rest in peace that the battery is to blame, and a buying a
new one from amazon will solve my problems.
Please write me in private and then after a few days I will reply to the
list with the stats of your answers.

Thanks in advance
Aron

Follow ups