audio-recorder team mailing list archive

Re: audio-recorder PPA for Artful

On 24.08.2017 20:14, Etienne Papegnies wrote:
> Hello, I'm a member of Ubuntu MATE's QA Team
>
> Our ubuntu-mate-welcome application offers audio-recorder as a one-click
> install.
>
> Could you please build a version of audio-recorder for Ubuntu 17.10
> (Artful)?

Salut Etienne,

in general, packages build for a release pocket should still work in
later release pockets (unless run-time dependencies are no longer
available).  You should be safe to take the zesty package[1] and ship it
as is for artful.  To be extra safe, I've taken it and republished it
for artful in my PPA[2].  You will notice I made no changes whatsoever
not even to the version.  Thus, the package is still versioned as
1.9.7~zesty.

Regards

Rolf

Links: