autopilot-users team mailing list archive

Re: Running and listing tests from autopilot source code

Hi John,

Awesome to hear that you're interested in contributing to Autopilot!

This is a good question, I've since filed a bug against the docs [1] and
proposed a MP against that bug [2].

To save you a link-click the answer is:

You should run autopilot in the source codes root directory (i.e. the
directory containing autopilot/, bin/, docs/ etc.)

An example from branching to listing:
<example>
$ bzr branch lp:autopilot ~/src/autopilot/trunk
$ cd ~/src/autopilot/trunk
$ ls
autopilot  autopilot.1  bin  COPYING  debian  docs  lttng_module
MANIFEST.in  setup.py

$ autopilot list autopilot

autopilot.tests.functional.test_ap_apps.ApplicationLaunchTests.test_creating_app_for_non_running_app_fails

autopilot.tests.functional.test_ap_apps.ApplicationLaunchTests.test_creating_app_proxy_for_running_app_not_on_dbus_fails
.. snip ..
</example>

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,