banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Fields communication and communication2

On 03/21/2014 04:29 PM, Alexis de Lattre wrote:

> 1) We think that the behavior of the module account_payment is good
> i.e. "communication" is used for structured and "communication2" is
> used for "free".
> => in the banking-addons, we should :
> - update the help messages of the 2 communication fields to explain
> their respective use case (and maybe also the label of the fields)
> - modify the code of the SEPA modules to use communication2 when type
> = Free and use communication when type = Structured.
>
> 2) We think that the behavior of the module account_payment is a mess,
> and we prefer to have a single "communication" field, that is used by
> the 2 types.
> => in the banking-addons, we should :
> - hide the field communication2
> - neutralize the method fields_get() to avoid the readonly switch
> - maybe also inherit the creating of the payment line from the wizard
> to have the right value in the field communication.
>
> I would love to have your opinion on this. Once we reach an agreement,
> I can take care of updating the code.

Thanks Alexis for bringing this up. For my purposes, having the two
fields is redundant but this should probably be fixed in the OpenERP
core module rather than in banking-addons, right? Until then, I think
the first option would be best.

Cheers,
Stefan