bashareteam team mailing list archive

Re: Importing a template with an unusual/weird name: ".pot"

Thanks for adapting to our situation Jeroen!

> Using hard links for this sort of thing is a scary thing to do.  How it will
> behave depends very much on details of the platform and the tools that
> operate on it.  Unfortunately I suspect a softlink won't work either for
> this.

You are correct, I had first tried with a softlink, but once it was
added to version control, the file was empty. I originally had good
faith in this potential solution, but Bazaar's documentation states:

    For symbolic links, the value of the symbolic link is tracked, not
the content of the thing the symbolic link is pointing to.
>From http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#what-does-bazaar-track

So using a symlink is not a valid solution, neither is a hard link...

I would really like to be able to have an option in Gambas where we
could specify the name of the generated template, and I'll submit an
enhancement request to Gambas' developers.

Thanks again!
Emilien Klein.