bigdata-dev team mailing list archive

(no subject)

Greetings Big Data devs,

We have a community member that is working with the hadoop charm in new and
unexplored spaces - specifically on Arm32 hardware. Just as confirmation he
is using the Apache Hadoop charm located here:
https://manage.jujucharms.com/charms/trusty/hadoop

We've verified that the resourcemanager and namenode processes are running:
ubuntu@onlinelabs-15ae7c187615497fa4d5dc9f62332bae:~$ jps
12936 Jps
23665 NameNode
19137 ResourceManager

yet everything from running the included map/reduce demo, and hdfs dfsadmin
-report are failing to connect with the stack trace attached below.

Deployment Topology: http://pastebin.com/i20qtEgf
Stack Trace for checking with map/reduce demo: http://pastebin.com/JxMHzbdH

If we have any ideas as to troubleshooting / FAQ's to get mwack unblocked -
this would be a brilliant start to getting our community documentation
around the charm(s) updated and moving to having validation our big data
stack works on Arm32 hardware.

Thanks for your time

--
All the best,