birdfont team mailing list archive

some minor things

Hello birdfont!

I've been using the program (version 0.47) for a bit and it's pretty nice
to use now that I've gotten the hang of it a bit more. There are some small
things I've run into:

   1. When starting birdfont with a filename that does not exist, the error
   message "File ... not found." has no newline after it.

   2. When quitting birdfont right after saving it, it will sometimes still
   go to the "save or discard" dialog. This doesn't happen after making
   changes to glyphs, but it will happen after making changes to kerning
   pairs, so I guess a dirty-flag isn't cleared for the kerning table upon
   saving.

   3. The dimensions as set in birdfont (top/bottom limit, etc) don't
   appear to have an effect in exported TTF files. I don't know if this is a
   bug, but I'd expect the guidelines to scale the result from the editor.

   4. For the path editing, it would be nice to have a "simplify" option,
   esp. after freehand drawing, as in: remove nodes while still keeping the
   same approximate path. Now when I manually remove a node, the two remaining
   ones may change type (smooth to corner) and I have to manually set them
   back.

I hope this helps. Thanks for making such a nice program available :-)

Kind Regards,

Serhat Sakarya

Follow ups