bkrpr team mailing list archive

Re: Some simple stats on book scans at Archive.org.

James Vasile <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Very nice stuff.  Thanks!

Preliminary results here:

  http://questioncopyright.org/files/bkrpr/book-size-distribution.png

So the answer is "generally from 20 to 24 centimers", but with an odd
little mini-spike at 28 centimeters :-).  Maybe that's hardcovers?

Anyway, this is all preliminary, as I'm still downloading the rest of
the data.  I've noticed that the graph does change noticeably as I pull
in more records.  One explanation for that could be that the record
files are grouped, say, chronologically, and average book sizes have
changed over time.  So the picture might be slightly different after I
have all the data, though I don't expect drastic changes at this point.

-Karl