blueman team mailing list archive

Re: Is blueman in the ppa compiled with --enable-hal?

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 00:41 -0600, Daniel A. Martin wrote:
> I've been trying to get Blueman in Karmic to connect to DUN via
> bluetooth using the blueman ppa.  When I try, I get the message
>

> Connection Failed: Modem Manager did not support the connection
>

> According to this:
>

> http://blueman-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=269&p=921&hilit=modem+manager#p920
>

> this might happen due to the package not being compiled with
> --enable-hal.  I was wondering if you could tell me if the package in
> the ppa are compiled with this option?

No, everything works here as intended, simply modem-manager did not
recognize your device.

You should try to debug it:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingModemmanager

And check this, maybe PPPSupport plugin will work:
http://blueman-project.org/wiki/Networking_Support_%28DUN/PAN%29