From: Jono Bacon <jono@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Subject: Free Art of Community book for Approved LoCo Teams
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts" <
loco-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Everyone!

Recently I announced
(http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/08/19/the-art-of-community-now-available/) my
brand spanking new book The Art of Community
(http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/) and so far the reception has been
fantastic! Thanks to everyone who has been spreading the news about the
book!

Well, I am a firm believer that you should look after your own family,
and I have managed to swing a sweet deal with O'Reilly
(http://oreilly.com/), the publishers of the book, to send all *approved
USA* based teams a *free printed copy* of the book and *all other
approved* teams a *free electronic copy* of the book. While we wish we
could send all approved teams across the world a free printed copy,
O'Reilly are only able to cater to USA based teams right now. Damn economy.

To keep this as simple as possible, you can request your book by
following these steps:

 1. The team contact shown on our LoCo Team List
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList) (and only the team contact)
should send me an email to jono AT ubuntu DOT com with the subject line
*Free Art of Community Book For LoCo Team* (be sure to type this subject
line exactly as here or it may slip through the net). In your email
include all the following details:
  * Your full name.
  * Which team you are from.
  * Your full address (including zip/postal code, region and country).
  * Your phone number, including country and area code.
 2. I will assess whether you will receive a print or electronic edition.
 3. A few weeks after the deadline you should receive your edition of
*The Art of Community*, for free!

A few notes:

 * Only approved teams are eligible for the free copies of the book.
 * Only the team contact for each team (shown on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList) can make the request for the book.
 * There is a limit of one copy of each book per approved team.
 * O'Reilly will kindly cover postage, but not any import tax or other
shipping fees.
 * When you have the book, it is up to you what you do with it. We
recommend you share it between members of the team. LoCo Leaders: please
don't hog it for yourselves! I would also really appreciate if you write
a review of the book on your nearest Amazon website. :-)
 * The deadline for getting your requests in **Wed 2nd September 2009**.

Make sure you get your requests in by the deadline, anything after that
will be sent to the bit bucket. :-)

If you have any questions or queries, feel free to drop me an email. :-)

All in all a pretty sweet deal, methinks. Enjoy!

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager