brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Windows build env

Hi Mik,

I did see your post a couple of days ago and have only got around to
knocking out a reply today (sorry).

My Windows environment is made up of the following:

Precompiled Qt libraries - downloaded from the Qt site to suit MinGW4.4
msysgit - a Git terminal with MinGW4.4 and build tools all wrapped up.
Sqlite libraries
cmake

I use Qt Creator as my ide, but I've had hassles getting the build process
to run automatically from here so I usually drop down to the msysgit
terminal to perform the build.

I had to add in a couple of extra PATH entries to the environment
variables, pointing at the MinGW bin directory and the msysgit bin
directory. Other than that I had to point my cmake at the phonon library in
Qt as it didn't seem to find it on it's own.

Sorry that is a little brief - I'm in the process of writing up a little
bit of a document to explain it better for any potential new developers. If
you want me to expand on anything just let me know

Ben