brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

git and ui files

What if we were to mark all the .ui files as binary blobs? git won't try to
diff them when they change, but should just overwrite the old version. The
.ui files look like text, but they really are not meant to be read/modified
by humans.

I am not certain what will happen when we have a collision, but I am hoping
git will say "Two different checksums, you figure it out". Which is far
better than having to crawl one of those .ui files with vim.

Mik

--
In a world of ninja v. pirate, I pilot a Gundam

Follow ups