budgie-remix-bug-busters team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1675830] Re: nvidia 304 graphics causes Login loop in Ubuntu Budgie
Okay, I'm in. I replace the window manager installing compiz and now I
can login with nvidia 304.
- Install compiz
- Add "compiz --replace" to autostart
- Install nvidia-304
In first login, I have a loop and in the second time that I enter password, I am enable to login.
This confirms that is an incompatibility with budgie window manager and nvidia 304.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of ubuntu
budgie bug busters, which is subscribed to the bug report.
nvidia 304 graphics causes Login loop in Ubuntu Budgie
Status in Ubuntu Budgie:
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 package in Ubuntu:
Nvidia 304 graphics kills budgie-window manager process and causes
login loop in Ubuntu Budgie.
- Enter password
- System shows top bar (half cropped)
- Sometimes dock appears
- Screen goes off (with no signal in monitor)
- Screen shows login screen again
- OS: Ubuntu Budgie 17.04 (daily build)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
- Budgie Desktop 10.2.9
- Nvidia Graphics Drivers 304
The system it's updated (full-upgrade)
To manage notifications about this bug go to: