budgie-remix-bug-busters team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1821004] Re: GNOME 3.32 icon name changes
This bug was fixed in the package moka-icon-theme -
moka-icon-theme (5.4.0+20190320-0ubuntu1) disco; urgency=medium
* Bug fix release (LP: #1821004)
- Add missing symlinks for gnome-notes, baobab, gnome-screenshot,
* Packaging Change
- merge the the PR before creating the revised deb tarball
-- David Mohammed <fossfreedom@xxxxxxxxxx> Wed, 20 Mar 2019 19:05:14
** Changed in: moka-icon-theme (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of ubuntu
budgie bug busters, which is subscribed to moka-icon-theme in Ubuntu.
GNOME 3.32 icon name changes
Status in moka-icon-theme package in Ubuntu:
UIFe Request on behalf of Ubuntu Budgie
The following GNOME 3.32 app were released after UI Freeze (with no
previous 3.31 releases) with a different app icon name.
- preferences-desktop-font → org.gnome.font-viewer
- applets-screenshooter → org.gnome.Screenshot
- baobab → org.gnome.baobab
- bijiben → org.gnome.Notes
Except for gnome-screenshot, these releases also adapt to the new
GNOME menu guidelines so I think we do need to do these updates.
Moka-icon theme is the default icon-set for Ubuntu Budgie and hence it
is important to get the visuals correct on first login.
Without the proposed change, those applications will appear with GNOME
upstream icons, instead of the Moka ones in our menu, this is why I
consider this a UI Freeze exception.
Please see the screenshot with baobab (disk usage) and font-viewer and
after the package update attachments
Please also see the source debdiff and the install log attachments
This change is addressed adding new symlinks between the new and the
old icon names, without removing the latters, so that the risk of
regression issues is really low, if not zero
- if any of the applications above should appear with the old icon name, the old symlink will provide the correct icon name
- if any of the applications above should appear with an icon name different than the old or the new, upstream icon will be used anyway as it would be without this change
Finally, the change has been tested installing the affected
applications from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntubudgie-
To manage notifications about this bug go to: