budgie-remix-bug-busters team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1729947] Re: /usr/bin/budgie-polkit-dialog:11:g_data_set_internal:g_datalist_id_set_data_full:g_object_unref:_vala_main:__libc_start_main
Confirmed that the fix is present in the disco version.
** Changed in: budgie-desktop (Ubuntu)
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
** Changed in: budgie-desktop (Ubuntu Bionic)
Status: In Progress => Fix Committed
** Tags added: verification-needed verification-needed-bionic
You received this bug notification because you are a member of ubuntu
budgie bug busters, which is subscribed to budgie-desktop in Ubuntu.
Status in budgie-desktop package in Ubuntu:
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Bionic:
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Cosmic:
This SRU request is to resolve a number of budgie-polkit-dialog
crashes reported to the UB team through
Changelog summary for Bionic and Cosmic SRU - also see the debdiffs
for cosmic and bionic in the master SRU LP: #1824229
* Issue 1: Aim to resolve a number of polkit crashes reported on errors.ubuntu.com due
to Polkit dialogs still having an open process when dismissed
This backports a disco patch to both series targets. Whilst ack
that 19.04 has not been released, examining errors.ubuntu.com
shows just one reported polkit issues to-date.
* Issue 1: polkit crashes. This bug is very difficult to pin down and reliably reproduce.
It is surmised by examining the crash reports that the budgie polkit process is crashing due to window close down and memory cleanup areas.
- Run pkexec gnome-calculator from a terminal.
- Press cancel on the authentication dialog. Note that the terminal prompt is not redisplayed indicating that the polkit dialog is still active but hidden. Press CTRL+C to force a quit.
- To upgrade budgie-desktop on 18.04 - Enable the proposed channel. Install the following packages: budgie-core budgie-desktop gir1.2-budgie-1.0 libbudgie-plugin0 libbudgietheme0 libraven0
- To upgrade budgie-desktop on 18.10 - Enable the proposed channel. Install the following packages: budgie-core budgie-desktop gir1.2-budgie-1.0 libbudgie-plugin0 libbudgietheme0 libraven0 libbudgie-private0
- Repeat pkexec gnome-calculator and press cancel. The terminal prompt is redisplayed indicating that the polkit dialog has been successfully closed.
* Issue 1: Due to the nature of the crashes observed (unexplained
crashes in glib, wnck libraries), it is highly unlikely that this fix
alone will resolve all polkit issues. In terms of regression the
number of "system error" prompts with a polkit headline after a reboot
and login will be either the same or reduced - but such messages can
be ticked by a user via the system error dialog to not appear again.
The Ubuntu Error Tracker has been receiving reports about a problem regarding budgie-desktop. This problem was most recently seen with package version 10.4-1ubuntu4, the problem page at https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/64efb30df94e62a4f216cfdb387d6e2d3eb12048 contains more details, including versions of packages affected, stacktrace or traceback, and individual crash reports.
If you do not have access to the Ubuntu Error Tracker and are a software developer, you can request it at http://forms.canonical.com/reports/.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: