budgie-remix-bug-busters team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1990642] Re: Statusbar icons moving around and changing order after reboot
This bug was fixed in the package budgie-desktop - 10.6.1-1ubuntu2
budgie-desktop (10.6.1-1ubuntu2) jammy; urgency=medium
- selected keyboard layout not applied after reboot
ibus-keyboard-handling.patch (LP: #1956240)
- statusbar icons moving around and changing order after reboot
Rewrite-initial-applet-layoute.patch (LP: #1990642)
- With scaling enabled, right-positioned panel overlaps maximized windows
Fix-math-for-calculating-right-panel-strut.patch (LP: #1981199)
-- David Mohammed <fossfreedom@xxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 09 Oct 2022 13:55:14
** Changed in: budgie-desktop (Ubuntu Jammy)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of ubuntu
budgie bug busters, which is subscribed to budgie-desktop in Ubuntu.
Statusbar icons moving around and changing order after reboot
Status in budgie-desktop package in Ubuntu:
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Jammy:
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Kinetic:
[ Impact ]
* Budgie Panel applet ordering sometimes randomly changes due to
1. Forced shutdown causing the panel to corrupt itself
2. or uninstalling an applet whilst it is still on the panel
* Once the panel random reordering issue occurs, there is no way to
recover the situation other then forcing a full panel reset that will
lost any custom changes.
[ Test Plan ]
* From the default ubuntu budgie layout, uninstall an applet like quicknote using budgie desktop settings
* logout and login
* note that applets begin to reorder themselves in random positions such as spacers and separators
* reinstall quicknote and logout and login. Note that the reordering still occurs.
* from the proposed repo install the following packages:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install budgie-desktop budgie-core libbudgie-plugin0 libbudgie-private0 libbudgietheme0 libraven0 gir1.2-budgie-1.0
* Logout and login
* Note the ordering on the panel should no longer be random and will reflect the layout in budgie-desktop-settings.
* uninstall quicknote, logout and login
* Note the ordering on the panel will still reflect the layout in budgie-desktop-settings
[ Where problems could occur ]
* The budgie panel is central to the budgie-desktop experience. So any patch in this area needs to be thoroughly vetted through testing.
* This has been achieved by creating a couple of test PPAs and multiple community members have confirmed their panel issues have been resolved by this patch.
* This fix has been in Debian for a couple of months and in a similar timeframe with Kinetic. Thus the UB team are content that no adverse issues have occurred. We have monitored errors.ubuntu.com and no increased budgie-panel issues have been reported.
[ Other Info ]
I have got a problem in Ubuntu Budgie ever since I installed it. I’m
also a newbie when it comes to Linux and I can’t figure at all how to
solve the issue. Icons keep moving around in the status bar, including
added unequal spaces between icons which I have never configured to be
that way. I have attached a picture below that can describe my issue a
bit better I hope.
Copyright © 2014-2022 Budgie Desktop Developers
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
Package: budgie-desktop 10.6.1-1ubuntu1~22.04
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-48.54-generic 5.15.53
Uname: Linux 5.15.0-48-generic x86_64
Date: Fri Sep 23 11:58:16 2022
InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-09-18 (4 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Budgie 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64 (20220809.1)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
# set this to 0 to disable apport, or to 1 to enable it
# you can temporarily override this with
# sudo service apport start force_start=1
To manage notifications about this bug go to: