bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Tarun Kumar - Welcome to Bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha.

Hello Tarun,
We are in the process of improving the mentorship program -- trying to
make it more flexible and make sure you graduate to Bug Control with a
good mentoring experience.

As such, I'v included you to the launchpad team [1]. This team will have
around 10 mentees and four mentors assigned; the idea is to:

(1) have a mailing list that does not go beyond the mentee-mentor
relationship. This ML should be used for any email contact. (Usually the
doubts of one mentee are common to others.)
(2) get a better ratio mentor/mentee.
(3) provide a better assurance that a mentee question will be timely
addressed.

The list of things you need to follow:

- Make sure you read the 'How to Triage' wiki [2] pages well before
starting to work on bugs!
- You should subscribe to group's Mailing List.
- Any doubts or questions you have, you should send email to the group's
Mailing List, not directly to mentors.
- You should use IRC whenever possible: a direct contact is better for
interaction than email exchange.
- On IRC *any* of us on #ubuntu-bugs can help. You can query either one
of the mentors, or anyone in the channel. Querying the channel usually
provides a better response (what 1 mentor does not know, another mentor
will probably know).

Please do not hesitate in contacting us if you have any doubts or
questions.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
--