bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: need help with bug #687303

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 03:33:44PM -0000, TARUN KUMAR MALL wrote:
> I want to reproduce this bug and check it.
> I am using Lucid, i have a chroot environment for natty, but no desktop
> environment is installed.
> Is there a way i can reproduce the bug in that natty environment.
> please reply

While it is possible to run X applications in a chroot it is rather
complicated - I personally haven't done it in quite some time.
Additionally, I'm not sure how well sound would work in that
environment.

Instead I'd look at using a virtual machine, if you can, or running a
Live CD to recreate a bug of this nature.

Additionally, looking at the bug report it'd be great if the reporter
provided a link to the video they are having a problem with or a sample
of it.  I believe the ffmpeg bug reporting guidelines have information
on how to use dd to get a small portion of a video for testing.

Thanks for bringing this up and I hope this is some help.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master