bumblebee team mailing list archive

Bumblebee on Sony Vaio Z1 / Z11

Hello,

Although this laptop doesn't have "optimus", it does have both an nvidia
chip, as well as an integrated intel graphics controller in the cpu.
Bumblebee 3 works perfectly on this computer, including powering on/off the
nvidia chip. I have a question, however, and it is of a more general nature
(not a bug report). The configuration of the laptop is such that it has an
HDMI output which is hardwired to the nvidia chip. Using optimus, i.e.
running

DISPLAY=:8 optirun nvidia-settings

i can get nvidia-settings (or any program) to display over hdmi, but the
resolution is limited to 640x480. I can't change this with the
nvidia-settings tool. Is there a way to set the resolution manually to the
native resolution of the monitor connected to the hdmi port (1920x1200 in
this case), perhaps by modifying /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia? I tried
setting option useEdid to true, but that didn't help.

Kind regards and thanks for the awesome work,

Peter

--
Peter Rhone, Dipl. Phys.
Osterweih Str. 3