bumblebee team mailing list archive

Samsung NP300 - everything seems to have installed okay - just won't configure the Nvidia card.

Hello Bumblebee developers.

After many hours of reading and a few reinstalls, I've logged everything
that I have come across in a bid to get my nvidia card to working on my new
Samsung Laptop.

The card is not configurable within the BIOS of the machine and from this I
conclude that my card may never work without some cooperation from Nvidia.

However, if one of your team would care to peruse the following webpage,
you may come across something that I could/should try

http://www.blahdeblah.co.nz/main/getting-the-new-laptop-configured/

I am running Kubuntu 12.04 64bit.

After a clean install I followed the instruction here.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bumblebee

root@samsung-laptop:/usr/lib/nvidia-current/bin# cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS \n \l

root@samsung-laptop:/usr/lib/nvidia-current/bin# uname -a
Linux samsung-laptop 3.2.0-26-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 17:49:24
UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

A full list of many diagnostics can be found here including the Bumblebee
bug-report.

http://www.blahdeblah.co.nz/main/getting-the-new-laptop-configured/

>From what I can tell, I've installed everything correctly, the card is
turned off and on when run via Optirun, but it just cannot find a suitable
screen arrangement and fails.
The DRP to CRT suggestion I've found in other threads was not successful.
Playing the power management option was also unsuccessful.

Perhaps this laptop cannot be made to work at present.

Regards,

Chris O'Halloran