bumblebee team mailing list archive

Fwd: optirun on Thinkpad W530

Subject: optirun on Thinkpad W530
Date: Sunday 22 July 2012, 18:54:31
From: Steffen Boerm <sb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lekensteyn@xxxxxxxxx

Hi.

I have tried to use bumblebee to get the nVidia Quadro K2000M card in my
new Lenovo Thinkpad W530 to work alongside the Intel graphics core.
Installation of the bumblebee PPA worked without any trouble, but
"optirun glxgears -info" seemed to stop until I pressed Ctrl-C. Running
the same command with the "--debug" option yields

[DEBUG]Active configuration:
[DEBUG] bumblebeed config file: /etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf
[DEBUG] X display: :8
[DEBUG] LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /usr/lib/nvidia-current:/usr/lib32/nvidia-current
[DEBUG] Socket path: /var/run/bumblebee.socket
[DEBUG] VGL Compression: proxy
[DEBUG]optirun version 3.0 starting...
[INFO]Response: No - error: [XORG] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize
the NVIDIA GPU at PCI:1:0:0.  Please

[ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) NVIDIA(0):
Failed to initialize the NVIDIA GPU at PCI:1:0:0.  Please

[DEBUG]Socket closed.
[ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.
[DEBUG]Killing all remaining processes.

Can you forward this bug report to the bumblebee mailing list? The
output of bumblebee-bugreport is attached to this mail, the technical
details are as follows:

  Kernel: 3.2.0-26-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux
  Manufactorer and model: Thinkpad W530, model 244743G

Please let me know if I can help getting bumblebee to work.

Best regards,
Steffen

P.S. Is there a version of bumblebee for OpenSUSE?