bumblebee team mailing list archive

Re: Bumblebee Bug

On Saturday 08 June 2013 21:33:27 Oliver Sampson wrote:
> > Can you try the following:
> > - disable bbswitch, reboot, try optirun; or
>
> Well, truth be told. optirun isn't as important to me as shutting down
> the GPU for cooler operation and longer battery life. I just sent OFF to
> bbswitch
This step tests whether nvidia has issues after bbswitch disables the card, or
if the nvidia driver is already broken without bbswitch.

> [85543.996829] bbswitch: disabling discrete graphics
> [85545.589574] pci 0000:01:00.0: power state changed by ACPI to D3cold
>
> However, the bumblebee indicator widget shows the GPU still being turned
> on.
What about `cat /proc/acpi/bbswitch`?

>  > - downgrade nvidia
>  >

> funnily enough, the only nvidia driver on my system is the bumblebee
> one. Is that the one you mean?
Yes, do you have an older, working version available?

> rpm -qa | grep -i nvidia
> bumblebee-nvidia-319.23-1.fc17.x86_64
>
> I'm perfectly happy to let that driver sit until my card is supported.
> Will it be supported? How does one find that out, anyhow? I realize
> there's quite a bit of churn going on...
If you do not care about optirun, you can uninstall the nvidia driver and just
use bbswitch with or without bumblebee. See the readme of bbswitch for using
just bbswitch without bumblebee.

Regards,
Peter