c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Re: UBuntu-Mate as an Alternative Distro

Hi Eric,

I installed it, and the base install is very nice. It only uses about
750MB of RAM, so a 2GB system would be more that enough.

Staying with the older 10.04 (Gnome2) makes things much easier to modify
and not bashing the Lubuntu LXDE or LXQT desktop, it's much more stable,
polished and refined.

Do you really want top provide your own ISO for this? That entails allot
of work for maintaining?

With a small number of developers, we could definitely provide many more
ingratiation packages if the focus was updating a current distro to what
you want rather than building it from the ground up.

best regards

Greg.