c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Application for Generating / Customizing Menu Entries

Hi Greg!
I use this in ToriOS.
I use update-menus to run my script to generate the JWM specific menus.
Menu files are problematic, as many many many (maybe most?) programs do
not create a menufile.
Most menu generation programs rely heavily on the desktop files in
/usr/share/applications.
These files also contain the name, icon, category, etc..  The advantage
with desktop files is the ability to have icons with no extention, or
path... so various themes can use various icons.
For example, Lubuntu uses Rafel's Box icon theme, this is much different
from the default Ubuntu Humanity/ubuntu-mono theme.
ToriOS uses Numix.
If I install Xiphos in ToriOS the icon is a big red circle with a
cross.  This is different from Ubuntu, which uses many 'default' icons.
Those icons *should* be installed in either hicolor/scalable/apps
or hicolor/48x48/apps.  Many programs do not know/do this... either.

So, after saying all that... the menufile portion might be helpful.  Is
it installed by default in Lubuntu?
I don't currently have a running Lubuntu (all my old PCs are running
ToriOS right now).

--
Regards

-Israel